Here’s how it works: Just tap and hold the profile picture of the person whose Stories you no longer want at the top of your feed. Then, you can select an option to mute that user. The user’s Stories will no longer autoplay and will automatically go to the back of the list.
How do you stop seeing someone’s story on Instagram?
Instagram Will Let You Temporarily Mute Someone’s Stories — Here’s How
- First, you’ll need to see their story pop up at the top of your feed.
- Now, tap and hold down their profile picture. You doing it?
- Then, you’ll be prompted with two options: Mute and View Profile. Select Mute > Mute Story.
Can you block Instagram stories without unfollowing?
Instagram’s mute feature lets you silence stories from accounts you follow without having to actually unfollow those accounts — which is perfect if you’ve ever had a friend who posts *way* too many Instagram Stories!
How do you mute someone’s post on Instagram?
How to mute someone on Instagram
- Head to the user’s profile by selecting their name on your feed, or by searching for their username on the Suggestions page.
- Under their profile picture, press the “Following” button that has the arrow pointing downward.
- Press “Mute”
How do you unhide someone’s story?
1. From Instagram Feed
- Open Instagram on your phone.
- Scroll towards the end of stories at the top of your feed.
- Here, you’ll see all the muted accounts- they’ll be greyed out without any colorful ring around them.
- Long-press the account you want to unhide stories for.
- Then, click on Unmute Story.
How do I hide my story from someone?
Tap in the top right, then tap Settings. Tap Privacy, then tap Story. Tap the number of people next to Hide Story From. Select the people you’d like to hide your story from, then tap Done (iPhone) or tap back in the top left (Android).
Can someone see if you mute them on Instagram?
Instagram came up with the mute feature for situations when you don’t want to see someone’s content, but you can’t unfollow them. Since Instagram values its users’ privacy, they won’t be notified if you mute them. Therefore, there is no certain way of knowing if someone muted you.
How do I stop seeing someones posts on Instagram without unfollowing 2021?
How to mute Instagram posts
- Tap on their profile.
- Click on “Following”
- Choose “Mute”
- Toggle between “Posts” and “Stories”
How can you tell if someone blocked you from seeing their Instagram stories?
To check using your current account, log into Instagram, go to search bar, and search the name of the user you suspect has blocked you. If you are unable to find them via the search bar, you have most likely been blocked from their account. This means that you cannot follow them or see their stories and content.
Is restrict the same as mute?
In a nutshell, block restricts both the profiles. Meaning, neither you can view their posts nor can they. In mute, both the users can view the profiles, only limitation is that their posts won’t appear on your feed.
Is restrict the same as mute on Instagram?
Instagram is rolling out a new mode called “Restrict” that will let account owners effectively shadow ban a user who comments on photos with offensive or abusive language. Instagram is also removing notifications on comments that come from a restricted account, which is also similar to Twitter’s existing mute system.
What does the Restrict button do on Instagram?
Introduced as an anti-bullying feature, Instagram’s Restrict function gives you more control over what comments both you and your followers see on your posts by limiting what restricted accounts can post on your profile. When you restrict someone, their comments and messages will be hidden from your profile.
What does it mean to mute someone on Instagram?
Muting somebody on Instagram is the same as having a break from a real-life discussion. You respectfully exit the discussion without causing any commotion or ruffled feathers. You won’t see the stories, images, or videos that anyone has shared on your feed if you mute them.
How do you remove muted on Instagram?
See a user’s content again
- Step 1: Go to the profile of the user you wish to unmute.
- Step 2: Tap the “Following” button.
- Step 3: Tap “Mute.”
- Step 4: Tap the toggle to the right of the mute option you wish to turn off (Posts, Stories or both).