How to delete your Instagram account:
- Go to the Instagram website and log into your account.
- Go to the account deletion page.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the reason you are deleting your account.
- Enter your password again. Then click or tap the delete button.
Can I deactivate my Instagram?
- To temporarily disable your account: Log into instagram.com from a mobile browser or computer. You can’t temporarily disable your account from within the Instagram app. Tap or click in the top right and then select Edit Profile. Scroll down, then tap or click Temporarily disable my account in the bottom right.
How do I permanently delete my Instagram account?
Step-By-Step Guide: How to Delete Your Instagram Account
- Log in to your account on the Instagram website.
- Go to Instagram’s ‘Delete Your Account’ page. Select from the drop-down menu your reason for leaving.
- Enter your password and click ‘Permanently delete my account’.
- Your Instagram account is now deleted.
Why can’t I delete my Instagram?
You’ll need to be able to log into your account to request deletion. If you can’t remember your password or username, see some tips for logging in. and re-enter your password. The option to permanently delete your account will only appear after you’ve selected a reason from the menu.
How do you delete your Instagram on your phone?
Delete your Instagram account
- Open your mobile browser.
- Go to Instagram’s Delete Your Account page.
- If you’re not logged in, follow the prompt to log in to your account.
- Select an option when asked why you are disabling your account.
- Re-enter your password.
- Press Permanently Delete My Account.
How do you delete Instagram on the app?
How to Remove Instagram Account From App
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Click ‘Security’
- Click ‘Saved login information’
- Turn OFF ‘Saved login information’ (and choose ‘Remove’ on additional popup)
- Go to ‘Settings’, scroll down and select ‘Log Out’ (then click ‘Log Out’ twice more on the following 2 popups)
How do you delete Instagram account on iPhone?
Deleting an Instagram account from iPhone
- Open Safari on your iPhone.
- Go to the Delete Your Account page.
- Log into your account.
- Using the drop-down menu, select the reason that you are choosing to delete your account.
- Re-enter your password.
- Click ‘Permanently delete my account,’ then click again to confirm.
Why is it so hard to delete Instagram?
It’s Against Their Interests. The other major reason that social networks make it hard for you to delete your accounts is that they just don’t want you to go. Most social networks’ business models are reliant on having large numbers of users. More users means more money from ads, which means profit.
Does Instagram have a delete limit?
There is no limit to the number of posts you can share. There is no photo limit on Instagram – whether per day or total. If you want to delete posts, you can only delete them one at a time. Your Instagram feed shows the last 200 posts of those you follow.
Why is a permanently deleted Instagram account still showing up when I go to change accounts?
Depending on how Instagram’s server technology works— you may just have checked too soon and it will disappear forever in a few days. As others have mentioned if someone is actively logged into your account on another device it may not delete itself.