By default, posts are archived automatically
- Step 1: Tap the profile button in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Tap the Archive button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Tap the Stories post you wish to delete.
- Step 4: Tap “More” in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Step 5: Tap “Delete.”
How do I archive all my posts on Instagram?
- To archive a post on Instagram: Select a post you want to store. Select the three dot menu icon at the top of the page. Select the Archive option. The Archive option is a command so Instagram will immediately archive it within your account. It will remain there until you either manually delete it or unarchive it.
How do you delete Instagram stories after 24 hours?
How do I delete a photo or video from my Instagram story?
- Go to your story by tapping Your story at the top of Feed.
- Tap More (iPhone) or More (Android) in the bottom right of the photo or video you’d like to delete.
- Tap Delete, then tap Delete again to confirm.
Why is my Instagram story not deleting?
Clear Data on Android Another way to fix the problem is to clear data for the Instagram app on Android. You must be used to clearing the cache for the apps. But clearing data is different from it as it makes you log out from all the Instagram accounts. However, it will not delete any pic on your Instagram account.
How do you delete all your archives on Instagram?
Follow these steps for proper use:
- Register on the app and log in to your IG profile;
- Click on the “Bulk Posts Delete” section on the dashboard;
- Then, mass select your posts or choose a few;
- Click on the “Delete Selected Posts”.
Can you delete Instagram stories?
You can delete your story on Instagram by deleting individual frames of a story. Once posted, you’re not able to edit a photo or video in a story. Once you delete a photo or video in an Instagram story, it will be removed permanently.
How do I delete a story without deleting it?
Step 1: First, you need to open your Instagram app on your device. Step 3: On the new page tap Settings. Step 4: From the given options tap Privacy > Story. Step 5: Next to Save to Archive, you need to toggle it off /on.
How long do Instagram stories stay in archive?
While Instagram Stories do disappear from your feed after 24 hours, they remain archived in the app. So, if you post a story but it expires before you get a chance to save the video, don’t worry, you can still recover it.
How do you delete a story that is still uploading?
Relaunch the Instagram app and open the Stories section. There you should see a Try again message. Tap the three-dots next to it, and select Delete.
Can people see my deleted story on Instagram?
The only people who can see your Instagram stories are those who follow you if you are a private account, or anyone if you’re not, however deleting a story will prevent a person viewing your story unless you add that story to your highlights, in short, the only people who can view a deleted story, are those who viewed
What happens when you delete an IG story?
Photos, videos, reels, IGTV videos and stories you choose to delete are removed from your account immediately and moved to the Recently Deleted folder. Deleted stories that are not in your archive will stay in the folder for up to 24 hours. Everything else will be automatically deleted 30 days later.
How do I delete archives?
Choose your archive or delete settings
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app.
- In the top left, tap Menu.
- Tap Settings General settings. Gmail default action.
- Tap Archive or Delete.
- Scroll down to the “Action confirmations” section and choose if you want confirmation before archiving or deleting messages.
Does Instagram delete story archives?
The story will be deleted. Keep in mind that when you delete a story from your archive, it will also be removed from other places you’ve shared it on Instagram, for example: highlights. Instagram stories are automatically saved in your archive stories so that you don’t need to save them to your phone.
Can I delete story but keep highlight?
Add to Highlights Choose the Highlight or create a new one. Note: Don’t delete the Story yet. It is mandatory for Stories to remain live for twenty-four hours to appear in Highlights. Deleting them before the time period will also remove them from Highlights.