To share photos and videos as a story on Instagram:
- Launch Instagram and swipe right to access the camera or tap the Plus sign (+) icon and scroll to Story.
- Tap the circle to snap a photo, or tap and hold to record a video.
- Use the tools at the top to add doodles, text, filters, or stickers.
How to share Instagram posts to your Instagram Stories?
- Open the Instagram app on your phone. Locate the post you want to share in your Instagram story on your feed. Tap the paper airplane icon. The “share” menu will appear. The photo or video post will automatically upload as a story draft. Tap “Your Story” in the bottom left-hand corner to post.
How do you use Instagram stories?
How to use Instagram Stories
- In the app, click the plus icon at the top of the screen.
- At the bottom of the screen, choose STORY from the menu.
- Optional: If you want to switch to the selfie camera, tap the switch-camera icon on the bottom right.
- Tap the white circle at the bottom of the screen to take a picture, OR…
How does posting an Instagram story work?
When you post a photo or video to your story, it appears on your profile (a colourful ring will appear around your profile picture, and people can tap it to see your story) and at the top of the Instagram feed (your profile picture will appear in a row at the top of your followers’ feeds, and they can tap it to see
How do I share a post to my story?
How do I share someone’s post from feed to my Instagram story?
- Tap below the photo or video in Feed.
- Tap Add post/video to your story.
- Tap Send To.
- Tap Share next to Your Story, then tap Done.
How do I add a story to my story?
Share a Story to Your Story
- Open Instagram and tap on the “message icon” (paper airplane) in the upper right-hand corner.
- Open the “tagging notification” you received when you were tagged in the Story.
- Tap on “Add to Your Story” and select “Send” to post it to your own.
How do you post a story on Instagram 2021?
Launch the Instagram app and locate the post you’d like to share. Tap on the “paper airplane” button appearing below the post. Tap on “Add post to your Story” to upload the post in the form of a customizable sticker. Tap on the “text icon” at the top of the window and proceed to create your caption.
What is the difference between Instagram post and story?
Instagram posts are evergreen. They appear on your profile forever (unless you delete them), so they tend to get more views over a longer period of time. Instagram Stories are only 15 seconds long and disappear 24 hours after they are posted.
How do you share Instagram Stories 2020?
You can share a post to your Instagram story by tapping the paper airplane icon located below your photos. The menu that appears will give you the option to share a post to your Instagram story from any profile that has allowed sharing of posts.
Are stories better than posts?
What they’re good for. Showing a lighter side of your brand: Stories are less polished than posts. That makes them ideal for showing users how fun you can be. This could be anything from taking users behind the scenes at a work event to having fun with some customers or audience members.
Why can’t I add posts on my Instagram story?
You can’t share a post to your Instagram story because the Add Post to Your Story feature is either glitched or the owner of the account has disabled resharing to stories. The Add Post to Story feature is most likely missing from your Instagram account due to a glitch where you have no control over.
How do I enable share to my story on Instagram?
Step 1: Navigate to the post you’d like to share and tap the paper plane icon. This will bring up the ‘Send to’ menu from which you can share the post as a direct message. Step 2: At the top of this list you should now see an entry marked ‘Add Post to Your Story’.
Why can’t people share my Instagram story?
The most typical reason is that the person who publishes the original story has not allowed their followers to share. To mark it, go to your profile -> Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Story Controls -> Shared Content.
Can you add to an Instagram story after posting?
After you post your Story on Instagram, you can add another photo to your existing Story to perfect your post. Select the photograph you want to add and click on it. Tap on the Your Story option in the bottom left corner to automatically add the photo to your Instagram Story.