How do you add a post to your Instagram story?
- Launch the Instagram app and locate the post you’d like to share. Tap on the “paper airplane button” button appearing below the post. Tap on “Add post to your Story” to upload the post in the form of a customizable sticker. Tap on the “text icon” at the top of the window and proceed to creeate your caption.
Why can’t I share a post to my Instagram Story 2021?
The main reason why you can’t share someone else’s Instagram Story is that you’re not tagged in it. Namely, Instagram allows you to reshare a Story only if you were tagged in it by the person who posted it. When you’re tagged, you receive a notification that someone mentioned you in their Story.
How do you share a story on Instagram 2021?
How to Share an Instagram Story
- Open Instagram and tap on the “message icon” (paper airplane) in the upper right-hand corner.
- Open the “tagging notification” you received when you were tagged in the Story.
- Tap on “Add to Your Story” and select “Send” to post it to your own.
Why can’t I share a post in my story Instagram?
The main reason to fail to share the Instagram story is that the account owner limited the sharing of the posts. The person you’re following probably has an Instagram private account where they have to accept people to follow them. So know that you can easily share posts from public accounts into the Instagram story.
Why can’t I repost a post on my story?
Account Type. The ‘Add post to story’ button is only available for public accounts. If you are trying to share a post from a private account, you will not see the button in the sharing menu under the post. Check posts from other accounts, preferably from a celebrity, and see if you can view the resharing option.
Why can’t I post a reel on my story?
It’s possible that the Reels option isn’t working or showing because of an outdated version. To use the Reels, you must upgrade your app to the most recent edition. There are many users who are using multiple Instagram accounts on the same app and this method could work for them.
How do I share a story on my Instagram story?
To share a feed post to your story, just tap the paper airplane button below the post, just as you would to send it via Direct. At the top, you’ll now see the option to create a story. Tap it to see the feed post as a sticker with a customized background ready to share to your story.
How do you repost on Instagram August 2021?
Guide to sharing stories on Instagram
- First, you need to take a photo on IG Stories.
- Once your image has been captured, select the ‘smiley face’ icon you’d usually pick if you wanted to add a gif, poll or quiz.
- The new ‘re-share’ sticker should be on your list.
How do I share someone’s post on my story?
How do I share someone’s post from feed to my Instagram story?
- Tap below the photo or video in Feed.
- Tap Add post/video to your story.
- Tap Send To.
- Tap Share next to Your Story, then tap Done.