Mute or unmute an account through their profile Tap Following below their profile info. Tap Mute. Tap next to Posts or Stories. To unmute them, tap next to Posts or Stories.
How to mute an account in Instagram?
- Open the Instagram profile that you want to mute.
- Tap on the three-dot icon at the top-right corner and select Mute from the menu.
- You will get three options – Mute Posts,Mute Story,and Mute Posts and Story. The last will mute both posts and stories. Select any one of them.
How do you unmute someone on Instagram 2020?
How to unmute an Instagram story
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android.
- Scroll to the end of your story feed by swiping to the left at the top of your homepage.
- Press and hold down on the story that you wish to unmute.
- Tap “Unmute” from the list of options.
How do you unmute someone on Instagram if they haven’t posted?
However, if they have not posted a story in recent times, you can unmute someone on Instagram by going to the account’s profile page. Then, press and hold the story icon in the upper-left corner of the profile. A pop-up will appear, tap “Unmute.”
How do you manage muted accounts on Instagram?
View silenced accounts
- Step 1: Tap your profile picture in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Tap the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Tap “Settings.”
- Step 4: Tap “Privacy.”
- Step 5: Tap “Muted Accounts.”
How do I find accounts Ive muted on Instagram?
Navigate to the “Connections” header. Then, tap on theMuted Accounts option. You’re done. A list of users you have muted on Instagram will show up on your screen.
How do you unmute an account?
See a user’s content again
- Step 1: Go to the profile of the user you wish to unmute.
- Step 2: Tap the “Following” button.
- Step 3: Tap “Mute.”
- Step 4: Tap the toggle to the right of the mute option you wish to turn off (Posts, Stories or both).
How do you unmute?
Swipe right or left to find the video clip you would like to change the audio options for. 3. Tap on the 3 dots below the video clip and tap on “Mute” or “Unmute” in the dropdown menu.
What happened to mute on Instagram?
Muting somebody on Instagram is the same as having a break from a real-life discussion. You respectfully exit the discussion without causing any commotion or ruffled feathers. You won’t see the stories, images, or videos that anyone has shared on your feed if you mute them.
What does it mean to mute someone on Instagram?
The new feature lets you hide posts in feed from certain accounts, without unfollowing them. With this change, you can make your feed even more personalized to what matters to you. When you mute an account, you can still see posts on their profile page and get notified about comments or posts you’re tagged in.
How does restricted accounts work on Instagram?
Introduced as an anti-bullying feature, Instagram’s Restrict function gives you more control over what comments both you and your followers see on your posts by limiting what restricted accounts can post on your profile. When you restrict someone, their comments and messages will be hidden from your profile.
How do I mute my Instagram account 2021?
Mute an Instagram Account from their profile
- Open the Instagram app.
- Search for the person’s profile.
- Tap the ‘Following’ Drop-Down button.
- Tap on Mute.
- Mute according to your preferences. Use the toggle button to mute either stories, posts, or both.
Why do I have muted accounts on Instagram?
Instagram today introduced a way to mute accounts, giving users a way to continue following accounts without seeing their posts all the time. Muted accounts will not be made aware that they’ve been muted, and users can unmute accounts at any time.
What are muted accounts?
Mute is a feature that allows you to remove an account’s Tweets from your timeline without unfollowing or blocking that account. Muted accounts will not know that you’ve muted them and you can unmute them at any time.
How do I unmute multiple Instagram accounts?
Tap on the blue button and drag it to initial position. You can choose to unmute posts, stories or both. To fully unmute the account, make sure to deselect all the options. And you’re done!