Go to instagram.com on any web browser on your laptop or computer. If you have the ability to Instagram DM on desktop, you’ll see an icon on the top-right that looks like a paper airplane — the same icon for DMs on Instagram’s mobile app.
Can I use Instagram direct message on computer?
Instagram is finally bringing direct messages to the web. You can create new groups or start a chat with someone either from the DM screen or a profile page; you can also double-tap to like a message, share photos from the desktop, and see the total number of unread messages you have.
How do I check my DMs on Instagram on Chrome?
If you are logged in to your profile, the extension picks up the login credentials from your browser. Once done, click on the little DM-shaped icon on your browser and bam! Hello, Instagram. Now, all you have to do is click on the DM icon and you are all set to start chatting.
How do you check your DM on Instagram?
You can also check your direct messages using Instagram on a web browser.
- Go to the official Instagram website and log in.
- Select the Messenger icon.
- Your current conversations appear in the left pane. Click a conversation to open it in the right pane.
- Type a message in the message bar.
How do I manage Instagram messages on my desktop?
How to send Instagram DMs on your computer (PC or Mac)
- Log into your brand’s Instagram account. Log in to instagram.com using whichever web browser you prefer.
- Click on the paper airplane icon.
- See all your Instagram DMs.
- Send other users’ content.
How do you respond to an Instagram chat on the computer?
To access this feature, open Instagram’s website in any web browser on your computer and navigate to the Messages (DM) section. Choose a conversation from the left-hand side of the screen. In the conversation view, find the message you want to reply to directly and hover over it. Here, click the “Reply” button.
How do you check Instagram messages without being seen?
1. Read Instagram Messages Without Being Seen by Restricting
- Open Instagram on your phone.
- Head to the person’s profile whose direct messages you want to read without marking them as seen.
- Click the three-dot menu at the top right corner.
- From the available options, select Restrict.
- Click on Restrict Account to confirm.
Why can’t I see my messages on Instagram?
Most probably because of some problem in Instagram. You can swipe down with your finger and see if it refreshes – sometimes it will help and show you your messages. If it didn’t work, then just wait some time while Instagram fixes that bug, and your messages will start to work again.
How do you see your first message on Instagram without scrolling on laptop?
Find the participant whose messages you want to read from the start. Once you have found the right person, right-click on the conversation option and select Expand all from the menu. All the items under conversations will open up. Scroll down and you will be able to check the first message.
How do I post on Instagram from my laptop?
How to post on Instagram from a computer:
- Using your preferred web browser, go to instagram.com and log in to your account.
- Select the square with a plus in it on the upper right hand corner.
- Select the photo you want to post.
- Edit the photo as you choose.
- Select “Share” in the bottom right hand corner to post your picture.