When your friends are active on Instagram, you’ll see a green dot next to their profile picture in various spaces within the app, including the Direct inbox and your friend list when you share a post from feed. You will only see status for friends who follow you or people who you have talked to in Direct.
Why can’t I see when someone is active on Instagram?
If a user has turned off their activity status on Instagram, you won’t be able to see it. Instagram has a feature where you can turn off your activity status. You can access that feature by navigating to your profile > menu > settings > privacy > activity status > on/off.
How can you see when someone was last active on Instagram?
How do I see who’s active on Instagram?
- You’ll see a green dot next to their username and photo in your direct inbox and other places on Instagram.
- In your direct inbox, you’ll see their most recent activity status (example: Active 25m ago, Active yesterday, Seen, Typing).
How do you know if someone is online on Instagram if activity status is off?
One cannot know if someone is online on Instagram when they have turned off the activity status. You can’t see when someone was last active or are currently active if your activity status is off.
Will Instagram say active 2 days ago?
The “Active x ago” status (e.g. Active 4 hours ago), will be shown if the person has opened Instagram in the last 5 minutes to 8 hours. On the other hand, the “Active yesterday” status means that the person has been not been on Instagram in the last 24 to 48 hours.
How do you see someone’s activity on Instagram 2021?
1. How to See Someone’s Recent Posts
- Launch the Instagram app on your device.
- Select the magnifying glass from the menu at the bottom.
- Type in the desired username in the search field at the top of the screen.
- Tap on the user’s name to open their account.
- Check out the latest posts by scrolling through their feed.
Does Instagram show you’re active if you don’t close the app?
If you are online and using the app, it will show your direct message connections that you are ‘active now. ‘ There could be a delay of a few minutes in between when you close the app and open it…but that wouldn’t last beyond several minutes.
Can you be active on Instagram without being on it?
But yes, sometimes instagram may show ‘Active now’ status even if the app is open in the background and the person is not using it (but they are connected to internet). It may happen that the person has quit the app but still they are show as ‘active’ on instagram.