To share photos and videos as a story on Instagram:
- Launch Instagram and swipe right to access the camera or tap the Plus sign (+) icon and scroll to Story.
- Tap the circle to snap a photo, or tap and hold to record a video.
- Use the tools at the top to add doodles, text, filters, or stickers.
How do I add a story to Instagram?
Adding Photos to Your Story
- Open the Instagram app and stay on the home page. Locate your story in the upper left-hand corner and long-press the round icon.
- Choose ‘Add to Your Story’ in the pop-up window.
- Select the image(s) you’d like to add and click ‘Send To’ just as you normally would.
Why can’t I add to story on Instagram?
You can’t share a post to your Instagram story because the Add Post to Your Story feature is either glitched or the owner of the account has disabled resharing to stories. The Add Post to Story feature is most likely missing from your Instagram account due to a glitch where you have no control over.
How do I add to my story?
Instagram app for Android and iPhone
- Tap at the top or swipe right anywhere in Feed.
- Scroll to Story at the bottom.
- Tap at the bottom of the screen to take a photo, or tap and hold to record a video.
- Tap, or to draw, add text or a sticker to your photo or video.
How do I add a story to my story?
Share a Story to Your Story
- Open Instagram and tap on the “message icon” (paper airplane) in the upper right-hand corner.
- Open the “tagging notification” you received when you were tagged in the Story.
- Tap on “Add to Your Story” and select “Send” to post it to your own.
Why can’t I add stories to my highlights?
Enable Save to Archive For proper functioning of Instagram highlights, a setting known as Save to archive should be enabled. That saves your stories in your archive. Later, you can add any past story to your highlight. If that isn’t enabled, you will not be able to use Instagram highlights.
Can you add to an Instagram story after posting?
After you post your Story on Instagram, you can add another photo to your existing Story to perfect your post. Select the photograph you want to add and click on it. Tap on the Your Story option in the bottom left corner to automatically add the photo to your Instagram Story.
How do I post on another person’s story?
To share feed posts to stories:
- Tap the paper airplane button below the post (like you would to send a direct message)
- You’ll then see an option on the following menu to “Create a story with this post”
- Tap it to see the feed post as a sticker with a customized background ready to share to your story.
How do you copy a story on Instagram?
With that being said, here’s what you need to do. Open Instagram and select the photo or video you want to repost as your story. Tap the three-dots icon > select Copy Link > minimise the app.