Step 1: First you need to open Instagram account on your device. Step 2: Next go to your profile and tap Story Highlights below your username and bio. Step 3: You need to tap New, the plus icon (+). Step 4: Next you need to select the story or stories you want to add to highlights and then tap Next.
Can you add to Instagram highlights without adding to story?
However, if you don’t want others to see your stories, but they see your highlights, you should know that you cannot add to highlights without adding to stories. Even if you set the privacy for close friends (at least one account), and then you add those to stories.
Why can’t I add to my highlights on Instagram?
Enable Save to Archive For proper functioning of Instagram highlights, a setting known as Save to archive should be enabled. That saves your stories in your archive. Later, you can add any past story to your highlight. If that isn’t enabled, you will not be able to use Instagram highlights.
How do you add highlights without posting?
How to Add a Story to Highlights Without Adding It to Story
- Switch your Profile to Private.
- Block Everyone So They Can’t See Your Story.
- Upload the story you want.
- Add the story to your highlights.
- After 24 hours, unblock people so they can see your stories again.
How do you add a highlight?
Step 1: Open Instagram account on your device. Step 2: Go to your profile and long-press the Highlight you want to edit. Step 3: Next tap Edit Highlight. Step 4: Choose the stories you want to add and tap Done.
How do you add stories to existing highlights?
How to add more stories in a current Highlight
- Go to your profile and hold your finger pressed on the Highlight you want to edit.
- Tap Edit Highlight.
- Choose the stories you want to add and tap Done.
How do you add a highlight to a story?
To add a story to a highlight:
- Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap to select the story or stories you want to add to highlights, then tap Next.
- Choose a cover photo and enter a story name for your highlight, then tap Add (iPhone) or Done (Android).
Can you add highlights from close friends?
Add to Highlights Just like the normal stories, you can create highlights from the stories published in close friends. However, they won’t be visible to everyone. Only the members of your close friends list will be able to view them on your profile.